Terms and Conditions
1) Trading Terms
- Payment for credit accounts is due 25 days from the end of month statement.
- Should an account become overdue and payment not received in our office by 30 days after the end of month statement, interest will be charged on all overdue amounts at the rate of 12% under the Penalty Interest Rate Act 983.
- If an account becomes 60 days overdue Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd will not supply any products until payment is received.
- Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd accepts payment by cheque or direct debit into the nominated bank account as printed on the bottom of all invoices.
- Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd reserves the right to accept or decline, in whole or in part, any order placed by the Customer.
- Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd will place on a back order file any items temporarily out of stock and supply these items when stock becomes available unless the Customer specifically instructs otherwise before the goods are shipped. The Customer will be notified of goods on back order on the delivery docket of other goods sent. When goods on back order are sent, the Customer will be notified via an Order Confirmation fax.
- An Order Confirmation will be faxed to the Customer upon goods leaving Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd. This will state: Client Name, Delivery Address, Date order received and how order was placed (phone, fax, E-mail, other), Date order sent, Method of despatch, if refrigeration is required on arrival and Maximum expected delivery date.
3) Freight/Postage (GST Applicable)
- Goods will be sent to the delivery address as indicated on the Customer Credit Application Form.
- The Customer and Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd will mutually agree upon the method of delivery.
- Customers can indicate more than one delivery address or method however this must be submitted to Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd in writing.
- Freight for Victorian, Tasmanian and South Australian customers will be charged at $20.00 per order.
- Freight for New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territory & Western Australian customers will be charged at $50.00 per order.
- Unless the customer gives notice to Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd of non-receipt of goods within 3 days of Maximum expected delivery date the credit for goods, where applicable will not be given.
4) Pricing Policy (GST Applicable)
- All orders will be subject to Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd’s list prices or contract prices at the date of despatch.
- Pricing is subject to change without notice
5) Invoice Format
- Invoices will be posted after goods are despatched unless otherwise informed (ie. If the Customer would prefer the invoice faxed or emailed, notify Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd in writing).
- Statements will be sent at the end of each month summarising all account movements during the month.
6) Return of Goods Policy (GST Applicable)
- The Customer must contact Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd to advise details of goods to be returned.
- Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd will approve request by allocating a Return Authorisation Number and sending a Return of Goods form, which is to accompany goods being returned.
- The following goods will be accepted for return:
- Goods damaged in transit
- Expired stock
- Incorrect supply, that is excess, (but only to the extent of the excess) or wrong goods
- Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd is not authorised to accept goods for return unless a Return Authorisation Number has been allocated to the goods.
- Goods accepted by Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd for return will be replaced by Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd with equivalent or correct goods.
- The following items will NOT be accepted for return on any basis:
- Goods sold on a specific non-return basis
- Goods having a broken seal or label removed
- Goods involved in a fire sale, sacrifice sale or bankruptcy sale
- Vaccines that have been stored on farm for more than 3 days prior to notification
- Goods accepted by Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd for return are to be returned to Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd at the Customer’s cost unless inaccurate goods sent by Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd Wholesaling Pty Ltd.
7) Title to Goods
- Property of goods shall remain with Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd until all monies owing to Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd
on any account whatsoever have been paid (“the Debts”).
- Until the Debts have been paid, the Customer must not charge, mortgage or encumber the goods. The Customer must also
ensure that the goods are insured and stored or identified as such that they are readily distinguishable from other goods.
8) Changes to Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd Terms and Conditions
- The customer will be notified as soon as practicable of any significant changes to the Portec Veterinary Services Pty Ltd Terms and Conditions of Sale.